Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Diane on Whidbey Island

Click photo to enlarge
I love this suit from Diane on Whidbey Island.  She does a wide range of gorgeous dresses, suits, and gowns for our favorite fashion doll diva inspired by great Hollywood films, iconic fashion designers, and the Theatre de la Mode just to name a few.  Be sure to visit her blog and visit her Gallery of Past Creations to view some of her fabulous fashions.  Diane on Whidbey Island Blog

Click photo to enlarge
Now that Gene Marshall is retired, I find I am drawn to the early Ashton Drake dolls.  Although they are not articulated, they still have a beautiful, graceful quality about them.  At times I am tempted to replace the bodies with the newer articulated Integrity body, but for now I will keep them as is.  And Ashton Drake did the best period hairdos!  Blue Goddess Gene is my model/muse.  I believe Diane designed this suit to coordinate with the hat and purse which are from one of Ashton Drake's hat sets. The necklace is from Ashton Drake, and the bracelet and shoes are from Integrity.

No comments:

Post a Comment